Friday, March 2, 2007

Greeting Card Templates

The next task was to convert some third party vendor greeting card templates to be used in the photo kiosk at Fairbanks Fast Foto. The greeting card templates in the photo kiosk consists of 4 different files
1. A .png file of the template that was vertical
2. A .png file of the template that was orientated horizontally.
3. A .jpeg file to was used on the menu screen to be displayed with the other templates.
4. An .xml file that contained all the instructions for the photo kiosk software.

The .png files are the files that actually got printed. And you can choose to have a vertical or horizontal greeting card.

The third-party templates were on a disk and there were no .png, .jpeg, or .xml files on the disk. I thought this was going to be simple. I was hoping I could simply find the folder which contained the template files and copy the new templates there. Not going to be so easy. The new templates had six files for each template. 3 for the horizontal and 3 for the vertical image. The file types were the following.
1. Two .icon files (equivalent to the .jpeg file)
2. Two .psd files (equivalent to the .png file)
3. Two .info files (equivalent to the .xml file)

This coming week I am going to see if I can get these templates to work. I will see how it goes.

No comments: