I met with Kevin, owner of Fairbanks Fast Foto, in the month of February to discuss with him some of his concerns about his local network. It was a lot to try and understand right off the back. The network is not setup like a traditional office, where you have a bunch of workstations all set-up the same. He has two computers used for cash registers, three computers running a photo kiosk software, one office manager computer, two networked printers, and one computer/printer (the main printer that prints all the photos). I had to ask a lot of questions to try and understand exactly how the work flowed in the office and how all the computers worked together.
We discussed all the work he would like to see done and prioritized all the task. I tried to take notes but, when I got home to review what we had talked about my notes weren't very good. They were hard to read and to brief for me to try and remember what the note was referencing. After the first meeting I knew this was going to be a lot of work, but the results would be measurable. With measurable results I could determine success or failure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment