I had come by earlier in the week to load all the software on the new computer in hopes that the replacement would go smoothly. All the software was available on the software companies web page. I inadvertently downloaded and loaded the wrong software on the computer. I wouldn't realize my mistake until early Monday morning.
Kevin and I got to Fairbanks Fast Foto early Monday morning. We started working a 6:00 am to get the computer replaced. Wanted to get their early so I didn't have to deal with the stress of customers getting in the way. We also chose Monday morning because customer support for the photo kiosk software was on the east coast and their hours are something like 9 - 5 eastern time.
After everything was setup I couldn't set my photo request to the print server. I wasn't going to fool around chasing my tail, so I put aside my pride and called customer support. From the error code he told me that I was using the wrong software. He told me which one to download, so that is what I did. I got the right file and installed it on the new machine. No more error, the photo kiosk and the print server were able to communicate. That was the hardest part.
Next we had to add a printer locally to the new machine. We also had to configure the software to communicate with the actual large photo printer in the back. Configuring the software was not that difficult with the help of the manuals Kevin had given me earlier in the month. Overall I would have to say the computer replacement was a success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment